A Winter Storm Warning is in effect for Winston-Salem and surrounding areas from midnight tonight until 7 a.m. Friday. Due to the potential for ice accumulation and significant power outages, all Reynolda Campus undergraduate and graduate school classes have been canceled for Thursday, Feb. 18, regardless of modality.
Hazardous conditions could make travel extremely difficult throughout the day and evening tomorrow.
University employees scheduled to work on-site should use their best judgment when deciding whether to come to campus. If you are scheduled to work from campus and are concerned about traveling, contact your supervisor. If you experience a power outage and are unable to work remotely, you may use Administrative Leave time and should notify your supervisor if possible.
- University shuttles will not operate Thursday.
- The Pit will open at 9 a.m. Other dining options will open as staffing allows.
- The lower gym at the Sutton Center will open at 11 a.m. as a study space.
- Farrell Hall will be closed to students on Thursday.
The following information is for students:
- If you need medical attention, Student Health will be open with limited services from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Please email email@example.com to make an appointment or call (336) 758-5218 to speak to someone if you have urgent needs. Please call the clinic after hours if you have any medical problems.
Reporting power outages and weather-related issues
- If you live in University Housing, notify Facilities and Campus Services at 336-758-4255.
- If you live at Crowne Properties or other off-campus properties, notify Duke Energy (1-800-769-3766) of power outages and let your landlord or property management know about other issues.
Students in Quarantine or Isolation
If you are currently in quarantine/isolation in an off-campus community that loses power, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to explore options for alternate arrangements.
Should you have an emergency, please contact 911 (on campus) or call University Police at 336-758-5911 for assistance.
Current Covid-19 campus health and safety measures remain in place. Some services may adjust hours of operations based on weather conditions. Students should check individual campus service websites for any change in hours of operation for Thursday and Friday morning.
— Communications and External Relations
- October 17, 2021
- October 13, 2021
- September 10, 2021