Wake Forest University uses cellphone numbers of students, faculty and staff to send text alerts and voice messages during an emergency. Texts will alert the WFU community about the nature of an emergency and may include specific instructions. Your cellphone number will not be used for general communication, and telephone numbers are stored in a secured location.
Undergraduate students are required to provide their cell phone number. The process to update your cellphone number is listed below. This number must be in the “Cell (Mobile)” record field.
Faculty, staff, graduate and professional students are encouraged to register. If faculty and staff do not register a cellphone number, messages during an emergency will be sent by other methods.
Students — Updating your cellphone number
- Click on this link.
- If you see a “Pending” message, click on “Cell Phone Review” and “Emergency Contact Review” to update your information.
- If you see a “Completed” message, your information has been entered. However, you still can click on “Cell Phone Review” and “Emergency Contact Review” to review and update your information.
For help, contact the Information Systems Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 336.758.4357.
Faculty and Staff — Adding/Updating your cell phone number
- Log into Workday at www.myworkday.com/wfu
- Select “View All Apps” under the Your Top Apps section. Choose the “Personal Information” icon, then choose “Contact Information” under Change. You also can search for “change my contact information” in the search box.
- Click on the “Edit” button.
- Scroll down to “Work Contact Information” and either click the pencil icon to edit a cellphone number or click the “Add” button under additional phone.
- If you’re adding a phone, choose “Mobile” under Phone Device. Under Details, you can edit the Visibility. Setting it to Private will allow emergency text messages but will hide it from other Workday users.
- Click the “Submit” button at the bottom of the page.
- Click the “Done” button at the bottom of the page.
Unsubscribing from text messages
While it is essential for crisis communications that faculty, staff and students receive Wake Alert text messages, the University recognizes that some parts of the community may not come in contact with the geographic areas related to Wake Alerts (participants in online-only learning, for example).
In that case, community members can text STOP to 226787 or 67283 or 77295 or 78015 to cancel messages. To restart messages, text START to any of those same numbers.
NOTE: If you stop receiving text messages, this includes text notifications when the University closes or adjusts operations for weather-related reasons. You will continue to be notified through email and other methods.