Because of weather conditions caused by Hurricane Ian, the Reynolda and Charlotte campuses of Wake Forest will be closed from noon today (Sept. 30) through Sat., Oct. 1, at 5 p.m. in order to minimize travel to and from campus. This includes Wake Downtown and Brookstown.
All Reynolda Campus undergraduate and graduate school classes have been canceled, regardless of modality, with the exception of the School of Law, which will move to online classes. Offices will be closed. Events and activities are canceled.
Travel will be hazardous and should be minimized. Students should stay alert when walking on and around campus and avoid non-essential off-campus travel. High wind gusts, heavy rain and flooding are expected.
All eligible university employees may enter Administrative Leave for this time. Only employees performing essential services related to the emergency event should report to campus. If you are unsure if you should report to campus, contact your supervisor.
The following information applies to weather-related adjustments for today Sept. 30.
- Campus Dining: The Pit in Reynolda Hall will be open. Check the website for updates on other dining options.
- Recreation facilities: The Wellbeing Center will be closed.
- Benson Center / Farrell Hall: Will be closed.
- Shuttles: Apartment shuttles will stop running at 6 p.m. today and will not run on Saturday, Oct. 1. Check the website for further updates.
- Student Health: Will operate on an urgent-care basis only for Friday, Sept. 30, and Saturday, Oct. 1. Appointments are canceled.
- Z. Smith Reynolds library: Will close at 5 p.m. today. Will be open regular hours on Saturday, Oct. 1.
- Athletics: Field hockey vs. Duke has been moved from Friday, Sept. 30, at 2 p.m. to Sunday, Oct. 2, at 2 p.m. Field hockey vs. Davidson has been moved from Sunday, Oct. 2, at 2 p.m. to Monday, Oct. 3, at 7 p.m. Volleyball vs. Syracuse has been moved to 5 p.m. today.
Reporting power outages and weather-related issues
- If you live in University Housing, notify Facilities and Campus Services at 336-758-4255.
- If you live at Crowne Properties or other off-campus properties, notify Duke Energy (1-800-769-3766) of power outages and let your landlord or property management know about other issues.
If you have an emergency, please contact 911 (on campus) or call University Police at 336-758-5911 for assistance.
In the event of a weather emergency or impact to campus operations, Wake Forest will use the Wake Alert emergency notification system to communicate with students, faculty and staff.